Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Fall Flower


I love close ups!!! Most of the pictures I take are either close ups or pitures of the mountain and sky. I seem to like to take pictures of the scenery. The first picture is my favorite out of these two pictures. I think you are able to see many details of the flower including the dew on the leaves and the broken parts of the leaves. In the second picture you aren't able to see the broken leaves due to the angle of the shot. Shooting at an angle is nice if you want to hide an imperfection, however I like to show imperfection because thats how life is. Not perfect.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome portraits! I have to agree I love taking close ups too, especially of nature. I do not have a favorite of the two, I like both angles very much! However, the sunflower in the photo on the top looks smaller than the one on the bottom. Are they the same flower? Your blog's awesome, keep it up!

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Im new to this whole blogging thing. Yes the its the same flower in both shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your two images. I like the second photo because of the way the angle shows the depth of the flower and you see how the petals hang over the flower. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you play with depth of field at all on this photo? I really like how the foreground is slightly out of focus and the flower head is sharp and clear. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah,
    I adore your sunflowers. They are beautiful and eye catching. Your blog is wonderful too. I love the collage of pictures, it all flows.
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete